1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pekin Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BobwhiteQuailLover, Oct 14, 2010.

1. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Hi [​IMG]
    could anyone give me some info on Pekin Ducks, and post some pics?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. suburbanduckmom

suburbanduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Belmont, CA
    What do you want to know about them? Are you thinking about them as pets, layers, meat?

[​IMG]

I can tell you that mine is loud and messy and I love her more than I ever thought I would love a bird.

3. BobwhiteQuailLover

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Quote:I just want to learn about them.

4. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

This is my 8 week old Jumbo Pekin duck Sly after digging in a mud hole

[​IMG]

Some of my Pekin ladies and my runer Drake

[​IMG]

I got my Jumbo Pekin from Metzers and im realy happy with the way she turned out. At 8 weeks old she is as big as my adult Pekin ducks. I wish now I had got more of them. Nothing nicer than seeing a flock of white ducks in your yard. They are realy messy and noisy and I love every minute of them.

5. Born A Duck Lover

Born A Duck Lover Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2010
    Western Oregon
    gofasterstripe wrote:

I got my Jumbo Pekin from Metzers and im realy happy with the way she turned out. At 8 weeks old she is as big as my adult Pekin ducks. I wish now I had got more of them. Nothing nicer than seeing a flock of white ducks in your yard. They are realy messy and noisy and I love every minute of them.

I hear you there! I ordered a few Jumbos from Metzers also and I have been nothing but pleased with them. They live up to their name for certain. They are some of the friendliest ducks I've ever owned, although, yes, they are messy and noisy and they love to eat. But I'm still quite happy that I got them.​

6. BobwhiteQuailLover

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Quote:I hear you there! I ordered a few Jumbos from Metzers also and I have been nothing but pleased with them. They live up to their name for certain. They are some of the friendliest ducks I've ever owned, although, yes, they are messy and noisy and they love to eat. But I'm still quite happy that I got them.

Thanks!!!!! [​IMG]

7. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    Quote:I can see the bottom of that kiddie pool! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    I love my loud, beautiful, mud diggin, messy Pekins.[​IMG] They are such a beautiful addition to the flock!

[​IMG]

9. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I can see the bottom of that kiddie pool! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The pool water had just been changed [​IMG] I change water every day, plus I was NOT going to take photos of dirty pools for y'all to see [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by