1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pekin girl still on the sick side, even after the vet treatment.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Pet Duck Boy, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Not too long ago I posted a thread about how Sunny was 100% back to normal, and I was positive. But sadly, on the 3rd week, I noticed her breathing changing and becoming more heavy and fast paced. Now today, 2 weeks later, it's quite obvious she still is sick with this mysterious 7 month old respitory infection. She lost her voice for the 5th time yesterday, and it really has me disapointed. She still eats well, not as much as she did when she came home but she eats. I also noticed a decrease in activity, she does walk around here and there but most of the time she's sitting down or sleeping. I plan to give the vet a call soon. Whenever I drive past the lake I got her from as an egg I see the healthy lake pekins playing around in the water, big fat and chubby, even with a diet of only bread. Makes me sad that Sunny isn't that healthy. In the mean time, does anyone know how I can cure Sunny PERMENTLY from her respitory infection?

2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    [​IMG] Bless her she's gorgeous. [​IMG] Sorry to hear she's still not better such a shame. I hope you can find an effective treatment for her soon [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by