1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pekin Housing/Enclosures

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chickhopeful12, Dec 29, 2008.

1. chickhopeful12

chickhopeful12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    I would love to see pics of duck housing and pens. I will be getting my first pekin fairly soon and need all the help I can get. Thanks a bunch!

Jenn

2. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Oohh, I am BUILDING a duck house NOW. We're getting 3 Buff Ducklings in the spring, so I started my building early.

I'm doing a shed style roof, enclosed building. I know ducks can do without a full house, but I thought I could use it for chickens should we ever get rid of the ducks.

3. chickhopeful12

chickhopeful12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    CT
    I would love to see pics! [​IMG]

4. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Quote:I'll be doing the trusses tomorrow, so I'll take some photos of the progress so far.

It's about 6ft x 4ft, 4ft high at the front, 3ft high at the back. I have a medium sized access door at the back, and on that i'll have a wall-mounted feeder that is open, kind of like a horse feeder. to the left i'll have two nestboxes with outside access, just because a) they do lay eggs lol and b) should i want to use them for chickens in the future. i'm putting a triangle shaped run off the front, with patio pavers (the big square ones) as my floor in it to prevent predators coming in and prevent it from getting too nasty. I'll put probably bark on the ground, or mulch.

They will have access to a large poultry yard that i've built for the chickens and ducks to have. Annndddd, that's all so far. I'm using a beadboard style siding that I found at Lowes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by