Pekin sexing help please 6-7 weeks old

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Amethystnz, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Amethystnz

Amethystnz New Egg

Dec 27, 2011
    Hiya.
    I want to buy these two wee pekins but my googling tells me the black one might be a boy? The seller doesn't know but I've already sent 3 roosters to a friend of mine and she doesn't want anymore so I need to be sure they are girls [​IMG].
    The lighter one is a buff Colombian Pekin, the black one is crossed with a Silkie rooster.
    Please experts, could you tell me for sure what sex these wee ones are?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks so much [​IMG].

2. dadsdeercamp

dadsdeercamp Say goodnight gracie

Sep 24, 2010
    Mora MN.
    The dark one is a male

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    its a pair with the silkie mixed being the cockerel

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Quote:x2

5. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Hi i was just looking at these to are they the ones on trade me ? which must mean you live in nz [​IMG]

6. Amethystnz

Amethystnz New Egg

Dec 27, 2011
    Yup, they are on TM, and yup I'm a Christchurch girl [​IMG].
    They are soooo cute aren't they! Are you in ChCh too?

7. Amethystnz

Amethystnz New Egg

Dec 27, 2011
    Thanks for your help sexing these wee ones guys, it's much appreciated especially given I found my only frizzle has turned boy this morning [​IMG].

8. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    No im in Mosgiel Dunedin its great to find another local chicken addict [​IMG] ,i have just been told out of my 4 chicks i have 2 seem to be definate roos [​IMG] im gutted so im franticaly hitting friends up with farms to find homes for when they older, gutted cuz they are awesome [​IMG]

9. Amethystnz

Amethystnz New Egg

Dec 27, 2011
    I totally get ya! With my discovery this morning that means 5 out of 6 of the chicks I had were boys [​IMG].

10. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Gut wrenching aye i desperatly wanted both my silkies to be pullets [​IMG] i think my blue silkie is a pullet and my black orp fingers crossed but my white silkie is showing signs of being a roo and the other orp is defo a roo he has red wattles starting and his comb is turning red plus he defo rules the roost [​IMG] ,i just informed my husband and he said oh god that means you gonna be getting more then doesnt it lol whats the rule for every roo you replace with 2 pullets [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by