Pekin with pale Bill?

Ellies5Ducks

In the Brooder
Oct 11, 2020
Hello! I was given 5 baby Pekins back in the fall and was told there probably Perkins but could be saxony or a mix... Anyways, I was wondering if it is normal for them to have pale bills... all 3 of my ducks (two females one male) have a pale bill so maybe it’s a saxony mix... However they still are full white but lay cream colored eggs. I also attached photos below

Attachments

Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
It depends on the weight, the agility and the egg-laying:
White Layer
Pekin
AgilityVery active foraging duckRelaxed and laid-back duck
WeightLight to midsize duckHeavy to super-heavy duck
Egg layingAbout one egg per dayMaybe an egg every 2-3 days

Now nobody knows exactly how Metzer Farms has created the White Layer, but i am sure there are some Pekin genes in there, for example Blanca Duck must have the stomach and digestive tract of a Pekin duck (aka. "Black Hole"), she is a voracious eater and gulps down everything that fits through her throat…
Rule of thumb: Small to midsize duck is either a White Layer or a Barnyard surprise mix, heavy and large duck with bright orange legs and bill is most likely a Pekin variant.

Ellies5Ducks

In the Brooder
Oct 11, 2020
It depends on the weight, the agility and the egg-laying:
White Layer
Pekin
AgilityVery active foraging duckRelaxed and laid-back duck
WeightLight to midsize duckHeavy to super-heavy duck
Egg layingAbout one egg per dayMaybe an egg every 2-3 days

Now nobody knows exactly how Metzer Farms has created the White Layer, but i am sure there are some Pekin genes in there, for example Blanca Duck must have the stomach and digestive tract of a Pekin duck (aka. "Black Hole"), she is a voracious eater and gulps down everything that fits through her throat…
Rule of thumb: Small to midsize duck is either a White Layer or a Barnyard surprise mix, heavy and large duck with bright orange legs and bill is most likely a Pekin variant.
Okay so with mine I’d say there pretty heavy, laid back, but lay everyday constantly. I don’t care what they are I was just curious about my little ducky’s!

Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
Okay so with mine I’d say there pretty heavy, laid back, but lay everyday constantly. I don’t care what they are I was just curious about my little ducky’s!
That is the correct attitude! 😍
If the brown duck on the third picture is a Mallard i am sure the white one is a White Layer.
If the brown duck on the third picture is a Rouen i am sure the white one is a Pekin.
And it could always be a Barnyard Surprise duck!

Top Bottom