Pekin x Aylesbury

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MrsObeed, Dec 10, 2014.

1. MrsObeed

MrsObeed Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2014
    Hi,
    My mother in law has just gotten some Pekin x Aylesbury ducklings about 2 weeks old. She has had 2 die :( She said they got all wobbly and weak and then died not long after. I know that's not much info but that's all she told me. I only have Muscovy's so I have a couple of questions about the Pekin x Aylesbury's. First one would anyone know why they dies I've never seen it in my ducklings. Also any info on these ducks would be great such as do they have any diseases there prone to? Or them being a xb make them more vulnerable to anything? Things like that. She thinks I'm an expert but I only know Muscovy's so any info would be appreciated. One last thing I've seen people suggest apple cider vinegar in water to combat diseases is this suitable for ducklings? Thanks

2. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    Tell her to try some electrolytes to put in their water, they also might not be getting enough nutrition. for the wobbly part try a bit of niacin.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  3. MrsObeed

MrsObeed Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2014
    Will try the electrolytes thanks I don't think it's a niacin problem they eat the same crumb starter I feed to mine and it's Included and I've never had a problem. Would giving them extra overload them do you think?

4. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    yeah if there is niacine in there food then you dont need any more

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by