Pekin

Madik28

Hatching
May 16, 2023
I had 10 Perkins in my backyard and noticed one limping one day and then the next I only counted 9 a day or 2 went by and I found him down by the water unable to walk or barely move I brought him inside and have been feeding him feed with plenty of niacin in it and giving him vitamin an electrolyte water for poultry, that also has niacin in it, (thinking it’s a deficiency) he had a bald spot on the back of his head so I’m not sure if he was attacked by something or what but it has been a week now and he still isn’t able to walk. I put him in his little pool and he kicks his legs so he’s not paralyzed I’m just not sure what to do or how to help him get his strength back

I had 10 Perkins in my backyard and noticed one limping one day and then the next I only counted 9 a day or 2 went by and I found him down by the water unable to walk or barely move I brought him inside and have been feeding him feed with plenty of niacin in it and giving him vitamin an electrolyte water for poultry, that also has niacin in it, (thinking it’s a deficiency) he had a bald spot on the back of his head so I’m not sure if he was attacked by something or what but it has been a week now and he still isn’t able to walk. I put him in his little pool and he kicks his legs so he’s not paralyzed I’m just not sure what to do or how to help him get his strength back
Can you get a picture of him, so we can see his legs and the bald spot you mentioned?
If you check his legs and feet, are there any bumps, or any heat or swelling at all?
What niacin have you been giving him? For deficiencies, B complex is best. Folks here use the durvet brand, it's available at Tractor Supply I think. 1ml over a treat daily

Can you get a picture of him, so we can see his legs and the bald spot you mentioned?
If you check his legs and feet, are there any bumps, or any heat or swelling at all?
What niacin have you been giving him? For deficiencies, B complex is best. Folks here use the durvet brand, it's available at Tractor Supply I think. 1ml over a treat daily
I’ve been adding durvet to his food and his water , the bald spot seems to be healing it’s not very noticeable anymore I’ve only seen one bump sort of looks like a scab on one foot no heat or any other bumps, does seem to be getting strength somewhat back because when I go to put him in the pool he flaps his wings like crazy more than before I’ll add some photos I read on here that niacin deficiency also can effect growth and he is considerably smaller than the others I’ll add photos of them as well so you can see the difference in size

Attachments

• IMG_2873.jpeg
    IMG_2873.jpeg
    478.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2872.jpeg
    IMG_2872.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2871.jpeg
    IMG_2871.jpeg
    548 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2870.jpeg
    IMG_2870.jpeg