Pekins in SE Tx & blue swede drake

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tx_dane_mom, Nov 19, 2007.

1. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Hi guys,
    I have several pekins and would really like to re-home some. Willing to negotiate on prices at this point. Located in Se Tx. Will be traveling to Conroe on Dec. 1st & can deliver. I have 11 pairs total plus 7 eggs in the bator right now. (Only set those to check fertility to start selling eggs.) I have 4 pair of 3.5 mnth olds (willing to sell 3) and 6 pair of 1.5 mnth olds (willing to sell 5.)
    Also have 1 blue swede drake that is 1.5 mnth.
    Thanks,
    Kristi

2. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I live in clovis - how far are you from me? I have a male pekin who has no wife and I think he might be lonely - since my other drake has a wife poor Afflac is kinda like the odd man out LOL

Julie

3. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Mapquest says you are 12 hrs driving distance from me. I am only 15 mins from the Louisiana border. I'd be willing to ship them, but am sure (just being honest) you can get them closer to you for cheaper than it'd be to ship them. I have never shipped anything so I have no idea. I'd be happy to do it C.O.D. if you want...
    Kristi

4. chickengirlnm

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I have been looking for a pekin female for awhile and having no luck. I might be able to order one from privett but than poor Afflac would still be without a wife for awhile LOL
    If you could please let me know how much to ship I will talk to DH and see if we can do it.
    He has been in a great mood lately might get him to say yes without to much begging LOL

Julie

5. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Are you just going to want the one 3.5 mnth old or more than one? I will check with the P.O. tomorrow. Would you want me to get a box or would you want one delivered tomorrow?
    Kristi

6. chickengirlnm

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I would love the 3.5 month - well as soon as the P.O tells you how much it will be to ship her - will give me an idea on how soon I can have her sent here.
    Is she a friendly girl? does she like being held? I have not told Afflac yet that he is getting a wife - dont want to ruin the surprise for him LOL
    Do you have a picture of her?

Julie

7. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I have 4 pairs of 3.5 mnths olds and 6 pairs of 1.5 mnth olds, so I have several females. So, if you want more than one girl, I can do that. All of my ducks are used to being held and eating out of my hands. They are also used to being 'herded' by our dogs and know to go back to their pen with the key word 'home.' They are also used to my 3 yr old daughter, although she moves so fast she kind of spooks them.
    Kristi

8. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    They sound like very well behaved ducks ( btw had a name change ).
    My ducks dont mind being picked up once I have them cornered I can pick them up and they just kinda deal with being held.
    I would love just one girl to start with - until I build a bigger pen I also plan on getting a bigger pool for them as soon as weather warms back up.
    Did PO tell you how much it would be to ship her? if the 1.5 months are easier to ship because of size/weight having one of them would be fine.
    I can build her a temp. pen until she is used to everyone here.

Julie

9. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Ok, we're going to have to get a safe box to mail her in before we can figure out an exact price....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by