Pellet feed

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mrs.H, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Mrs.H

Mrs.H Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Can ducks eat layer pellets just fine? I've always had my chickens on pellets but switched to crumbles when I got my ducks just so I can keep it all in one storage bin and figured crumbles was easier for the ducks to eat, however my chickens waste a lot of crumbles. I can buy both pellets and crumbles that's not a problem just trying to keep it simple if possible. Thanks

2. JoyAnna

JoyAnna Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2012
    Maple Falls, Washington
    My ducks hae been on layer pellets for over a year now. I bought from a local mill mixing organic, soy-free certified non-GMO feed but they do not process it into either crumbles or pellets. This resulted in a huge amount of waste with the ducks—there was always so much of the feed in the bottom of their drinking water bucket. I switched to pellets and there is way less waste and they adjusted quickly. I was sad to give up the local source of quality feed, however.

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Yes, they can eat a pellet, even my calls past a certain age are capable of. As for layer yes, ducks can i don't use any here however due to my massive age variances and male ratios.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by