pendescenda?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by possumqueen, Oct 23, 2009.

1. possumqueen

possumqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Monroe, North Carolina
    What is a pendescenda? What does it look like? Is it a bantam or full size bird???

2. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    I think you are talking of Penedesenca-Leghorn tipe chicken from Spain who lay very dark eggs like Marans.They have Carnation combs-begins single and separate on end.

3. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
  4. possumqueen

possumqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Monroe, North Carolina
    Thanks, y'all.

The variety of chickens STILL amazes me![​IMG]

5. kristenm1975

kristenm1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I was fortunate enough to get three of these lovely birds last spring. I actually had four to start and successfully raised them up to the age of about six months when one of the pullets was given the wrong scraps and found a crab claw that choked her to death before I could figure out what was wrong with her. Very sad!

Anyway, I had gotten them straight run and was incredibly lucky to end up with three pullets and a cockerel. I have two different types, the black and the Crele. The roo is black, and his two remaining girls are the Creles.

They are a funny breed, with those floppy big combs and their flighty behavior. One of the Crele girls managed to escape from a covered run twice and both times went straight for the thickest briar and nettle patch on the property. Grrr. That was a painful rescue. I clipped her wings well back and put her back into the pen only to have her repeat the process one more time in the next week. They are very curious and athletic birds, I have to say.

Still no eggs from them yet. They don't have supplemental light but I would think if they had it, they'd be laying those wonderful little near-black pullet eggs. Can't wait!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by