1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PENEDESENCA update - they're hatching!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Picco, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    As some of you know my first attempt at incubating penedesencas resulted in only one chick. Now I have three dozen crele pene eggs in the incubator and some under two hens. This afternoon 8 hatched and several more are on their way! My bantam cochin hen who turned one on the 4th hatched out 4 and is now the happiest of hens. I hope she keep 4 standard size chicks warm under her small little body.

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Congrats on the hatch! Of course, we will want to see pics!! LOL

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my gosh!!! Where are the pics? We want to see them!!!

Lori

4. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I now have 10 little crele penedesenca chicks. My hen hatched out 4, my aunt's hen hatched out 1 and my incubator hatched out 5. This wasn't a great hatch seeing as I had 34 eggs but I'll take any improvement over the last one. I will be taking the 5 chicks in my brooder over to my aunt's house tomorrow to foster them under her hen. Wish me luck with that. Tomorrow I'll try to get some pics. I also have 20 chicks coming in the mail sometime this summer (late July/early August) so I should have the small breeding flock that I have wanted for so long!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by