Penelope sings the egg song

DeeTee

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
Desbarats, Ontario
For any of you who are waiting for your first egg, here is the song you are waiting to hear.

This rendition is by one of my Delaware pullets, Penelope!

that was great. I can hardly wait to hear my brahma do their songs for me. At least a month away I know. They will be 7 months old early dec.. Here's hopeing. jean

Quote:
I feel your anticipation! My girls were 24 weeks when the first egg came, then I had to wait 9 days for the second. Now they lay 5 to 6 per week each.

Let us know when the big day comes!

I just loved that. I'm still smiling! I love the little quick variation on bawk-bawk near the end. Thanks so much for posting. (She's also a beautiful bird!)

My blue hens sing like that after laying. I thought it was just them. haha My RIRs don't normally call like that. Good to know its normal. Haha I thought it was from the HUGE eggs the blue's tend to lay. I'd 'book-oook' after those things!
gig.gif

Quote:
tongue.png
and how!

My wife calls it "back B'CACKing". As in, "Dave, better swing by the coop with a basket, I heard a lot of back B'CACKing earlier".

Thanks so much for the beautiful song! I am still waiting for our first eggs from our 27 week old Golden Comets. If I hear it, I'll know to go running!
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks! The Delawares may not be flashy, but I think they are really beautiful. They are also very very calm but with loads of personality. Laying up a storm even in November, too!

Back
Top Bottom