Penguin seems sick

Pics

SolarDuck

Free Ranging
Jan 31, 2020
Hey guys. When I went out this morning everything was normal all ducks were happy and healthy. I just went out at about 9 pm to check on them and saw penguin laying in a place I have never seen her laying before. She just seemed a bit off so I brought her inside. Now she is just laying on my floor and not really moving. She isn't eating but she is drinking and pooping. She is just laying here, and I can't see anything wrong, but she is unable to walk. She has tried a couple times and she stands up walks about one step then falls down. Please help with any advice. I will call the vet tomorrow but they usually take about a week before they have a free appointment.

Does she have any injuries on her feet?
No she does not seem to have any foot injuries just seems weak I set her up for the night in my room and gave her 2 water cups one with a poultry vitamin and one normal water

Attachments

• 20220802_222318.jpg
    20220802_222318.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 6
Didn't one of yours have egg laying issues before? Not sure if it was this duck. Egg bound ducks can have a pinned nerve that can cause them to go limp. That is one possibility.

Do you know what happened to pigeon? How long ago was it? Wondering if it could be a virus or something else.
So Pigeon was the duck with egg laying issues and I believe that was the cause of her passing. She passed away a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom