Pennsylvania breeders?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by silverwing0904, Jul 23, 2008.

1. silverwing0904

silverwing0904 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2008
    I'm looking for some breeders in PA about 30 or 40 miles away from Carlisle.

2. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I would love to find some Pa. breeders as well. I'm in the Chambersburg area.

3. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Solarical,
    What kind of breeders are you looking for? I live about 50 miles from Harrisburg, east on 78. I have LF AMeraucanas, Araucanas. One of my neighbors have LF black SUmatras. Then Hinkjc is just a little bit farther about 10 more miles off of 78 or 22 and north. Sara is also off of 78 and south a little toward Reading. Harry

EDIT: Sorry, Solarical thought you were the one in Carlisle, but that was Silverwing0904. Chambersburg is real far like you said at least 2 hours.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  4. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I didn't have anything specific in mind, just looking for a handful of various layers to make up a nice pet flock. Don't have enough room to do another order of 25 from the hatchery.

My daughter plays Rugby up that way in the Spring, so we are often around 78 somewhere.

I would be interested in anything different from what I have now, but only pullets. Think I have 2 roos now that my neighbor might not be too happy with.

5. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Tamaqua is a little over 2 hours from me. Don't think we travel quite that far up.

6. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Solarical, I got some really nice chicks from a breeder in Gettysburg. Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Blue Jersey Giant, Sex-Links, Polish. They had turkeys, bantams, standards, silkies. If you are interested, PM me and I will give you their number. Although they don't have a lot right now.

7. bugladyleah

bugladyleah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    PA
    I'm probably a little far for you, I am about an hour south of Pittsburgh. You can check us out at www.popsonfarm.com

Leah

8. silverwing0904

silverwing0904 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2008
    Hey Three boys I'll have their number. I live fairly close to gettysburg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by