Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture agent @ local farmers market...

How pray tell did Perry get elected? I hope he cleans house.

Back to topic; Portland Oregon has the second largest open air market in the U.S. and we are starting to see changes in the laws concerning food being sold in local markets. They just passed one that has to do with processing chickens for sale by local small farms.

I for one hate to see too much government regulations as it always leads to a monopoly by the guy with the biggest stick. Do we forget that large farms drive competition out with regulations? among other tactics. The government can never ever say that OK we have sufficient rules... ever, they live and thrive on creating new rules in the name of "safety" to perpetuate their existence/jobs.
smile.png

Last edited:
He has gotten elected because there has not been an opponent anywhere qualified to run....the put up the old school demo lackeys with no charisma whatsoever and Perry has so many hookups with big business here in Texas his campaign coffers are enormous. Trust me, he is as dirty as they come!......and I do actually know also.....good friend is an insider and yes I do live in the suburbs of the capital of Texas. I will give him his due.....he is extremely pragmatic and opportunistic.....

Sorry, back to topic now. I will sit down and hush. haha

Quote:
No, they just happen to agree with their viewpoints. So do a LOT of people, since congressional members all won their elective seats. And while Supreme Court judges are appointed, they have to acquire approval from the senate--once again, elected officials.

That's how it's supposed to work. We, including you, know how it actually works. That's where the saying comes from (Elections have consequences). The POTUS gets to nominate the person for the position. They usually nominate someone that they know can be bent in their direction. The whole nomination process is a bit of a joke. As long as a POTUS has a majority Senate he will usually get his person on the bench. Even though justice is supposed to be blind. The court always seems to vote straight down party lines.

That's why we are now stuck with Citizens United. The ruling that determined that corporations are people and therefore can stuff as much money as possible in campaign coffers without revealing who they are. Making it very easy for corporations to control the direction our country goes. Including all the out sourcing and tax breaks the corporations get for outsourcing.

Do you really think that any honest person would declare that a corporation is a person and entitled to the same rights as a person? Really? I don't think that anyone who can think for themselves would actually agree with that. Saying that a majority of the people agree with the viewpoints of the Supreme Court because a POTUS 20 years ago managed to get a justice through the Senate is a bit of a stretch.

If this was already stated, Sorry. I skipped some pages due to the fact have a very slow dial up.
Now for selling eggs here in VA, if you sell $1,000.00 or more you have to pay sales tax. Now for a license I don't believe I need one as long it is at a Farmer's Market or at my stand at home. That is my understanding, I could be wrong.

As for the Goverment getting involved on both side of the fences. But we all know the Government is not for the Family own Farms. The big Corps is their buddies.

Quote:
It's not that hard to kick an incumbent out when the country is in such bad shape. In 2004 I would have voted for Ronald McDonald to get Bush out of office. People can't see past what's in front of them at that very moment. The people in the middle make all the difference and they always vote for whoever says they can make the situation better. They don't vote for ideological reasons.

"Someone who compares Haiti to a "Capitalists dream" isn't even worth talking to"

totally agrees!!!

This person should talk to DH who has several times in the past been down there to return boat people. Leave it at that.

Quote:
X 1,000,000

"The Government" is made up of individual people, whether they are elected or "staff" or "bureaucrats." They all have their own interests and hobbies and passions and fears. There are a percentage who raise backyard chickens or have large vegetable gardens or are vegetarian or vegan or ...

The main reason conspiracy theories don't work is that they require people whose entire lives are devoted to a consuming, irrational "plan" to control "the masses" in some manner. Believe me, if you have ever been in a DC government office near quitting time, you would know that that is not the case. Are there ANY people with those irrational overwhelming passions? Of course--we typically call them sociopaths when they interact negatively with others, and eccentric when they do not.

if you cant see the conspiracy theory going on in our federal government today then you are blind and probably too ignorant or uninformed to even vote. here it is in a nutshell for you to understand: they want to take your freedom, they want this country to more resemble a third world country. our president is a puppet of the new world order, bilderbergers, trilaterists, george soros, whatever you want to call their european elitist group. this farmers market stuff is just the beginning. we pulled out of it a couple years ago. we got rid of our rabbits for the same reason. we sell a few eggs to pay for feed and process our own chickens for our freezer. we grow our own veggies and can them. we are a hobby farm and thats it. if you want things to change then vote for someone that still believes in the constitution.

Quote:
X 1,000,000

"The Government" is made up of individual people, whether they are elected or "staff" or "bureaucrats." They all have their own interests and hobbies and passions and fears. There are a percentage who raise backyard chickens or have large vegetable gardens or are vegetarian or vegan or ...

The main reason conspiracy theories don't work is that they require people whose entire lives are devoted to a consuming, irrational "plan" to control "the masses" in some manner. Believe me, if you have ever been in a DC government office near quitting time, you would know that that is not the case. Are there ANY people with those irrational overwhelming passions? Of course--we typically call them sociopaths when they interact negatively with others, and eccentric when they do not.

if you cant see the conspiracy theory going on in our federal government today then you are blind and probably too ignorant or uninformed to even vote. here it is in a nutshell for you to understand: they want to take your freedom, they want this country to more resemble a third world country. our president is a puppet of the new world order, bilderbergers, trilaterists, george soros, whatever you want to call their european elitist group. this farmers market stuff is just the beginning. we pulled out of it a couple years ago. we got rid of our rabbits for the same reason. we sell a few eggs to pay for feed and process our own chickens for our freezer. we grow our own veggies and can them. we are a hobby farm and thats it. if you want things to change then vote for someone that still believes in the constitution.

I am alot of things but blind or ignorant is neither of them. Just because a person has made so many bad personal choices in their own life to make it a shambles and is now joining the fringe of society that thinks everyone and everything is out to get them does not mean there is a grand conspiracy afoot in the world. There have been lots of organizations that have thought this way in the past, let me think of some....oh yeah....the Ku Klux Klan would come to mind....
Part of the reason why the government has to regulate so much more in this day and age is because of idiots and crackpots who lack any common sense to be able to do anything on their own. Of course when things get messed up or go wrong, these are the people suing a company or the government because it is their fault.
Those working in government are just people like you are me like the previous poster said. There is no secret handshake to get in the door...
Our world is changing and will continue to change, that cannot be stopped. I suppose it could but then our economy would crash and we would all go feral. Our economy is a global economy, because of the change in technology and a lack of distance decay that was there in the past. Interesting fact, I read that many companies are bringing back their manufacturing to the US because of the shipping costs incurred bringing the goods to the US market from China/Overseas were making them lose money.
To summarize, I am not and will not "drink the kool-aid" of crackpot conspiracy theories hatched by pathetic people with no ambition to improve themselves in life and thusly blame all of their troubles on the "man".

why are you bringing up the kkk when they were democrats running that racist organization. the same democrats that want to expand government and control even what you eat. the conspiracy is there and more than a 'fringe' know whats going on. just like the 'shellacking' that dems received at the last election, it will be a landslide in the next one.

I certainly don't believe in conspiracy theories per se. I do believe there is a lot of well thought out planning to make events go the way they want them to. NAFTA and CAFTA were both well thought out and pushed through. I'm certain that corporate leaders knew where they would be sending their manufacturing and they knew how much money there was to be made with the low labor costs. I believe it all started when Nixon normalized relations with China. As a regular citizen I sure didn't see it coming when Nixon was shaking and bowing with the Chinese leaders. I can guarantee that any manufacturing people were looking at China as the next frontier and that's when schemes to get legislation like NAFTA and CAFTA began.

NAFTA and CAFTA are bearing the fruit they were intended to bear. Manufacturing and Unions are almost gone from the country. The manufacturing is now starting to come back. Those jobs that left 10 years ago and paid 20.00 to 30.00 an hour are coming back as 7.50 an hour jobs. Meanwhile the income disparity gap continues to grow and people are grateful to earn 7.50 an hour.

I don't believe all the stuff about the government passing legislation to keep big business doing well and to keep small business down. I think it happens because big business has the money to follow the regulations and still get their supplies at a very good rate. It's all a matter of volume and having the capitol when they need it. It's more difficult for a small business. Lack of funding for businesses to get going is caused by the people voted in during the last election. Cutting small business loans to allegedly reduce the deficit. In effect causing the unemployment level to stay high. It seems like common sense to me to help small businesses get financing. They say small businesses create about 98% of the new jobs in this country. So what's with the majority in the house blocking everything that gets introduced to help small businesses get start up money? No small business start ups = high unemployment=low popularity for whoever is POTUS. Maybe they just want to reduce the deficit. Who knows.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom