Pennsylvania Farm Show 2009

Shaffer

Songster
12 Years
Jan 2, 2008
Tamaqua, NE Pa
To all that are interested in attending. The Pa Farm Show for 2009 will be from January 10th to 17th, 2009. Times are from 8 am to 9 pm except the 17th which it closes at 5 pm. Enjoy. HS

I've lived in Pa all my life and have never been able to make it to the Farm Show. Is there a lot of people who sell chickens there? My son is starting 4H in January and is looking to get some more chickens.

luvmyturkens,
They say some of them sell there but you probably wouldn't be able to get them till the show ends. You can buy a program there with all of the breeders listed. Last year the winner of Best in SHow was a Sumatra pullet who I believe was a 4Her or junior.

I love the Farm show. So much to see!

chicken stalker ;p :

Good grief!! I just looked at the schedule...lots to do!! Has anyone been to this?? What do you recommend?

I recommend going to the food court
lol.png
Lots of yummy stuff!​

Last edited:
the farm show is pretty fun, i went last year for the first time and plan on going this year with the whole family. food court is great (can't think of one favorite stand-all the food is good to me!). the poultry naturally is a nice section because there are so many varieties. i also like the quilts and family living stuff, arena carriage racing, draft horses, goats, ....etc. the only thing i'm not really enthralled with is the machinery section but the guys love to look there so i can go back to the poultry area. i'd reccomend going if possible since gas prices are down for now because it is a good time. we get the farm show televised, but it's more fun being there in person even though it is a lot of walking and can also get pretty crowded depending on what day you go.

Sara,
Was considering Saturday but there is going to be a snow storm 3-6". Hope it don't affect the entries. So I will have to go on another day that I have off of work. HS

Back
Top Bottom