Pennsylvania Farm Show 2009

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Shaffer, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    To all that are interested in attending. The Pa Farm Show for 2009 will be from January 10th to 17th, 2009. Times are from 8 am to 9 pm except the 17th which it closes at 5 pm. Enjoy. HS

2. luvmyturkens

luvmyturkens Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2008
    I've lived in Pa all my life and have never been able to make it to the Farm Show. Is there a lot of people who sell chickens there? My son is starting 4H in January and is looking to get some more chickens.

3. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    luvmyturkens,
    They say some of them sell there but you probably wouldn't be able to get them till the show ends. You can buy a program there with all of the breeders listed. Last year the winner of Best in SHow was a Sumatra pullet who I believe was a 4Her or junior.

4. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
  5. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    Good grief!! I just looked at the schedule...lots to do!! Has anyone been to this?? What do you recommend?

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I love the Farm show. So much to see!

chicken stalker ;p :

Good grief!! I just looked at the schedule...lots to do!! Has anyone been to this?? What do you recommend?

I recommend going to the food court [​IMG] Lots of yummy stuff!​

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  7. crazedguinea

crazedguinea Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2008
    se pa
    the farm show is pretty fun, i went last year for the first time and plan on going this year with the whole family. food court is great (can't think of one favorite stand-all the food is good to me!). the poultry naturally is a nice section because there are so many varieties. i also like the quilts and family living stuff, arena carriage racing, draft horses, goats, ....etc. the only thing i'm not really enthralled with is the machinery section but the guys love to look there so i can go back to the poultry area. i'd reccomend going if possible since gas prices are down for now because it is a good time. we get the farm show televised, but it's more fun being there in person even though it is a lot of walking and can also get pretty crowded depending on what day you go.

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Anyone definately going?

9. Shaffer

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Sara,
    Was considering Saturday but there is going to be a snow storm 3-6". Hope it don't affect the entries. So I will have to go on another day that I have off of work. HS

10. setter4

setter4 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Central Pennsylvania
    We hope to get there if DH has a day this week that doesn't look too busy. We never know till the day before if we'll be able to get away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by