Pennsylvania Law for owning certain Pheasants

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by LehighCounty4-H, Feb 12, 2016.

1. LehighCounty4-H

LehighCounty4-H Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2015
    Macungie, Pa
    I got off the phone with a game commissioner from Harrisburg and here are the laws for Pheasants
    If you are planning on breeding and selling Certain Pheasants you need a propagation Permit to do that
    If you are planning on showing them to the public you need a Permit for showing them to the public
    If you are just keeping them in your backyard you do not need any permits
    If you are planning on giving away certain Pheasants you need the Propagation Permit to do so

Hope this helps!

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    That's weird.How can you breed and sell pheasants if they are not in your backyard?I would get the propagation permit.State regulations are strange,it's almost like they are trying to coach you into breaking the laws.Be safe and get the permit!.I'm sure it's not expensive as they are 25.00 per year here in N.H.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. LehighCounty4-H

LehighCounty4-H Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2015
    Macungie, Pa
    $100 here it is rediculous

4. Cindy07

Cindy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2016
    Hershey, PA
    Thanks for the post. I am in PA and have been interested in starting to breed and sell my ring neck pheasants as well as some other game birds. I wasn't 100% sure what all I needed to get a Propagation Permit.

5. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

And yet the game commission sells eggs and chicks. Go figure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by