Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by JustinaMarie, Dec 9, 2013.

1. JustinaMarie

JustinaMarie Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2013
    Western Pennsylvania
    I live around Indiana,PA was wondering if anyone else on here was from around here? I'v been Just getting into chickens and looking to get some guineas. It be nice if I had some Chicken and Guinea friends where I live!

2. Kiomey

Kiomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    Hey from southern York county pa ^^ have ya checked out the Pennsylvania Unite! Page? Lots of activity there!

3. bullsie

bullsie Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2013
    Hello!

I'm also from Indiana PA! I raised bantams in the 1970's and 80's. Then got away from the hobby but am now back. Little frustrating I think now, as more of everything could be had back in 'them days'.

Presently I am raising bantam Sc white Leghorns, White Wyandottes, Belgian d'Anvers in quail. I am looking for Polish bantams as well. Non bearded and not frizzle. Those started getting rare when I raised them in the past as the big thing went to bearded. And I have guineas!

What I need to find is someone who incubates eggs. I don't have the patience to incubate, but had someone a number of years back who did it for so much a chick. Really a great person to deal with and a nice little business for her. But have not been able to contact her now. So am looking again!

4. JustinaMarie

Oct 2, 2013
    Western Pennsylvania
    I am looking at getting into incubating never done it though

5. Kiomey

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    It's quite fun ^^ I have the brinsea mini advance and I love it ^^ I offered to people in my area (southern york county) to incubate for them cuz I enjoy watching them hatch but certainly don't have room for all the chickens lol luckily for me it only holds 7 eggs so I don't overwhelm myself too much lol
    How's everyone enjoying the stupid snow?

6. JustinaMarie

Oct 2, 2013
    Western Pennsylvania
    Thats what I'm gonna get and the snows okay. We didn't get that much

7. Kiomey

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    yeah, it's about 8 inches here, the roads are disgusting and I am beyond sick of it lol

8. JustinaMarie

Oct 2, 2013
    Western Pennsylvania
    Id rather have the snow then rain

9. Kiomey

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern York County
    Yeah but I'm sick of shoveling lol

10. bullsie

bullsie Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2013
    There was a very nice local lady who did hatching for folks. Sure wish she was in the business now! I tried it years ago and just don't have the patience. But some of these new fangled jobs can do about everything but windows. Let us know how you do!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by