Penny likes me!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by watchdogps, Oct 22, 2011.

1. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Henny Penny is one of my little mixed bantams. I haven't really worked with these guys as far as direct handling.
    , but they know I am giver-of-treats. Lately, one of them started following me around as I did the barn stuff. I thought she just wanted treats, but them she would even follow me after I had put the food and treats out. Then she would let me pet her, and even pick her up! Now, she will jump up into the air and take a single pellet of food out of my fingers! I'm so happy to have.a hen who likes me!

2. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Thats great! [​IMG] I'm "taming" one of my Silkie crosses right now. She's a sweetie, but hard to catch.

3. ginger c.

ginger c. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Alabama
    it's the best feeling in the world when a chicken decides she loves you!!

4. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Betcha if you crouch in the run she'll hop on your lap [​IMG]

5. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Quote:Not yet, but I haven't tried that with food in my hand. She's also totally free range, so its entirely her choice to hang out with me. I just didn't force anything. If she wanted near me, fine. I didn't reach out to her until she was comfortable being so close she was almost touching me. Then I just would touch her briefly, and so on. If she ever wanted to leave, wasn't comfortable, she had the option.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by