Penny likes me!

watchdogps

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Central Ohio
Henny Penny is one of my little mixed bantams. I haven't really worked with these guys as far as direct handling.
, but they know I am giver-of-treats. Lately, one of them started following me around as I did the barn stuff. I thought she just wanted treats, but them she would even follow me after I had put the food and treats out. Then she would let me pet her, and even pick her up! Now, she will jump up into the air and take a single pellet of food out of my fingers! I'm so happy to have.a hen who likes me!

Thats great!
thumbsup.gif
I'm "taming" one of my Silkie crosses right now. She's a sweetie, but hard to catch.

Quote:
Not yet, but I haven't tried that with food in my hand. She's also totally free range, so its entirely her choice to hang out with me. I just didn't force anything. If she wanted near me, fine. I didn't reach out to her until she was comfortable being so close she was almost touching me. Then I just would touch her briefly, and so on. If she ever wanted to leave, wasn't comfortable, she had the option.

Back
Top Bottom