Pensacola area chick suppliers

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by 1dude, Mar 18, 2012.

1. 1dude

1dude Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace, Florida
    Howdy,
    I got the final approval from the wife to get a few chickens. Does anyone out there know of any place to get EE chicks in the greater Pensacola area? I don't want to have them shipped in, I want to drive and pick them up my self. I'm willing to got out say 3 hours to get them. I have searched and search and nothing in our area. Thanks duder

2. scrappychick

scrappychick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2012
    Mannings here in Milton are suppose to have some come in on April 8th. They are suppose to be all pullets. They are getting several other breeds in also.

3. 1dude

1dude Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace, Florida
    I had been searching using Yahoo and it didn't work so well.
    I search BYC and did find some places close. There is a Pace seed & feed, Hall's, a couple in Pensacola.
    I won't be home until July so these places will likely be sold out by then. Thanks though, I'll have to call around then see if anyone has any left overs. I also seen a few on Craigslist.

4. 1dude

1dude Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace, Florida
    I offically started looking for chicks and its way harder than I thought. I have written three people on Craigslist and no replies. I looked at ordering from My Pet Chicken and it looks like they want $60 for shipping 6 chicks! So I thought I'll buy and incubator, wrong, something like $80 then extra again for eggs. Wow! I think I'll just sit on them myself. I will be home next month so I thought I could order them now, but its not looking too good. Cambridge farms up in Allen town area first said they would hatch some. I just wrote them and they said no, next spring. AAARGGG!

5. 1dude

1dude Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace, Florida
    I gave up and ordered from My Pet Chicken, $56 for shipping! I hoping to get a few golden eggs to help offset the cost!

6. firedancer57

firedancer57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Lurking in the corner
  7. clcarpen251

clcarpen251 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2012
    Glad to see someone close to me! I am just north of Pensacola in Alabama - - and having trouble finding chicks/eggs too! Of course it doesn't help that we chose to start a flock of Barnevelders either since they are apparently a very rare breed! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by