People actually stole eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by griswolfy, Dec 10, 2008.

1. griswolfy

griswolfy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2008
    Nor. Cal.
    Hello, I got some eggs from a friend for hatching the other day and his hen was sitting on 15 or so eggs and I got different ones that she wasn't sitting on and the day after I got my eggs from him someone actually stole all the eggs from him, with half developed chicks in them probably. I couldn't believe it.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Geez, Louise, that's crazy! Note to self: padlocks for all the coop doors. Too many chicken thief stories lately.

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    there'll be a fun surprise when they crack those open [​IMG], instead of scrambled eggs they'll have fried chicken for breakfast... another note, sorry to hear it though. lucky i live in the country

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I keep mine padlocked, but it is just habit because the years I took care of large exotics in there. It has just always been locked, also the six foot driveway gate, and the six foot other gate by the house, but not the five foot wrought iron fence by the back yard. If three gates and a locked cage don't stop 'em, they were gonna get them anyhow...

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

6. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    My neighbor steals my eggs. He is going to never want another egg when I sit in a tree and sting him with a few rocks. Lol. He is 18 so he should know not to steal.

7. griswolfy

griswolfy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2008
    Nor. Cal.
    Ive heard of chickens getting stolen but eggs, is someone that desperate his son was looking forward to the chicks too.

8. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

We've had eggs eaten by other hens if they can get to those on the nest. One day a nest full of eggs, the next nothing.

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Yeah, that's what I would be thinking. Are you sure they were stolen? There are a lot of critters that will eat the eggs.

10. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    WOW, odd !!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by