People behaviours!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by weesy68, Nov 10, 2009.

1. weesy68

weesy68 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2009
    Stratford CT
    I have five chickens and live in the suburbs of CT on a moderately busy street. Teenagers pass by on their way home from high school. I have a high privacy fence around my yard so most passers by don't even realize we have birds. The fence has a panel that can be removed, today I moved it to blow leaves, and the chickens naturally had to come and join in the raking. They stepped outside the fence and into the street, still on our property.

Several teenagers were walking home from school, and their reactions were just priceless. Gobsmacked, terrified, hysterical. People, they are just chickens!!! One girl asked if they would attack her when she passed by. Another thought my NJGiant was actually a dog at first, lol. It just astounds me how out of touch suburban kids are with their food sources/the natural world.

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Poor things.

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    It is sad. I was lucky and had "country cousins". I loved going to their house 30 miles away. It was a different world. They are the reason I have chickens and wanted to live the country life. They all grew up to live in the city. [​IMG]

4. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    Quote:Yes, yes they will, you see these aren't really chickens, they are very small velociraptors I have recreated for my genetics doctorate.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by