People can be so mean :-(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mysheezab, Sep 13, 2012.

1. mysheezab

mysheezab Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2012
    PA
    So my boyfriend, ryan, and I live together in the suburbs and we bought his grandparents house. That being said we also have a HUGE yard. I convinced him that getting 3 chickens would be a wonderful addition. So we dove on in. But when he told his mom that we have 3 little peepers, she flipped out. Told us we are turning the house into a "sh*t hole" and it "used to be a nice place to live" she was angry because we don't live a cookie cutter life like she does. I was so upset that I cried for hours... She was so mean to us that night.... Oh well. I love my garden and my chickens... No eggs for her haha. ;)

2. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    It can be hard for people who do not raise chickens to understand how wonderful they are and the joy they bring. If taken care of right, they don't bother anyone else and usually are far less trouble than raising dogs or cats in a neighborhood.

3. McGobs

McGobs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2012
    I inherited my grandparents house after he passed away. Nice little farm house out in the country with 12 acres. Never had animals here before other than house pets. Yet being out in the country there are no chicken restrictions...so we got 20 of them. My neighbor(who my grandfather has known over 50 years, and I have known my whole life) complained to animal control about the noise of my PULLETS.

They are only 10 weeks old...and the closest my neighbor gets to them is about a football field away(when he is in his garden)

Animal control officer stopped by...checked out my diggs, and then proceeded to chuckle about the complaint. Then suggested I get a roo and add him to my flock.

Mean people suck.

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Sounds like perfect mother in law material.

5. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    New comment: Sorry bout the mean post earlier... here's a nicer one. Sorry that your MIL got mad... I get sad when my mom disciplines me, so I know how you feel... [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  6. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    [​IMG]Yeah, I used to have a mother in law like that.....
    (notice I said 'used to')
    My ex was always "too depressed" to work, or watch our 2 toddlers while I worked my rear off trying to pay our bills. His mommy used to go to garage sales and bring a ton of stuff to the house that we neither needed nor wanted and then turn around and say as she was leaving, "ok, so you owe me X dollars for the stuff I bought for you all". Then she would tell the rest of the family that I was always asking her to buy stuff for us then never would pay her for any of it. She never could stay out of our business, so we moved to another state.

The day I was packing up my stuff and kids, she magically appeared at my door from 1500 miles away and when I told her that her little boy wasnt there and when I left I would be sure to leave him a note to let him know she had been there, she tried to push her way through my door saying, "Well..... can't i come in, can't we work this out?" I proceeded to tell her in as nicely a manner as I could muster that No she was NOT coming in, and there was nothing for her to work out, seeing as how I was not married to her...LOL I said a few other things that cannot be repeated here.....

She left in a major huff, and BOY did I feel better from that point forward!!![​IMG]

The point I am trying to make is that at some point you realize that it just doesn't matter what other's think, if you all are happy with your lifestyle and your chickens, DO NOT let her or anyone else ruin for you.[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy your chickens!!

7. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Sometime's Moms just need some time... In fact, my mom got a little upset when I brought home some bantam chicks... but then she got over it and loves chickens

=)

8. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

My ex-MIL was wonderful... It was her daughters who were absolutely horrendous.

I hope to be a good MIL when my boys marry. I hope I am not going to be awful... I still think my ex-MIL is wonderful.

NOW, I can not say the same of my ex-FIL... that jerk suggested that my ex-hubby beat me... LOL. I told him that I'd bury his son and him along with him if he ever did that to me. My ex laughed in his dads face. My ex and I are still good friends. We just got married way to young and grew up in two different directions... I own chickens and plant my own food. He lives in the city. LOL, how different do you think we are? LOL

9. chicknfun

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL

10. chicknfun

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    My second DH's mother had something nasty to say about me the first time she met me, and he has never talked to her again, for 12 years...LOL. It didn't bother me, but it must have bothered him[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by