"People like you" feedstore rant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NewHopePoultry, Apr 7, 2011.

1. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I went to go pickup some feed and of course I looked in at the baby chicks.
    I seen that they have 5 chicks in with the turkeys.
    1 of the chicks was already dead and the rest looked close to it. I asked the manager about it and he said those chicks were sick and werent going to make it.
    I couldnt stand seeing the turkeyys walking all over them, so I asked if I could have them.
    He gave me a dirty look and said "People like you make stores go broke, you just wonder around looking for free things in life"
    Ijust stared at him and then he said "I guess you can have them, but you are taking money away from the store"
    Last time I checked, dead chicks dont make a profit.
    Well any ways I took the 4 still live ones, but 1 died before I even made it to the car and 1 is on deaths edge right now.
    I dont think any of them will make it, but I couldnt stand seeing them being walked all over.

Needless to say, I wont be going back to that store.

2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    [​IMG] Not only did he loose 5 chicks (that wouldn't have survived in his "care" anyhow), he lost a customer and any other costumers he may now loose due to your word of mouth....He is why he is loosing money. You can't fix stupid.....

3. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    There was a bunch of ones with paste butt and stuff, but I didnt dare ask about them.
    They just got the chicks in this morning.

4. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    thats insane. those poor birds

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Sounds like someone needs a major attitude adjustment and maybe a dressing down by the higher ups at TSC.

6. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I would of paid a little for the birds if he asked, I wasnt going to pay full price though.
    Another one just died [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Please tell me you called the corporate office with that person's name, the store's address and offered to email pictures of the little ones that you will voluntarily send to the local newspaper and news office?

8. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Quote:I havent yet, but thats a great idea

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Gosh, if I thought he'd still let me take the chicks, I think I'd have come back with, "It's people like YOU who give this company a bad name!" Way to win customers, huh? Honestly, I really don't like TSC, never have. I have one near me and I've never bought a thing there-never plan to.

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I would have suggested that your taking them did away with the necessity of notifying some animal protection society. That kind of attitude deserved to be jumped all over. Good on you for trying to save them. edited to add that this is just the type of attitude that the TSC manager here in NJ exhibits. Maybe they teach them to be obnoxious. (Not the word I want to use, but I don't want to get in trouble.)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by