1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

People of Many Questions....Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Oct 15, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    So, at work today, I have received some of the most retarded, stupid questions ever.

1. This girl was supposed to be on the cover of People magazine...why is she not on there?

---How the heck am I supposed to know? I am NOT an editor!

2. Do you know the name of the girl? You know...the one that was kidnapped!

---Nope....I only watch Family Guy.

3. Did anyone turn in a cell phone?

(2.2 minutes later)
    3.1 Did anyone turn in a cell phone?

3.2 Did anyone turn in a cell phone?

Did I forget to mention that the man was sitting on a bench facing the service desk where he repeatedly asked this question?

4. Do you have the Black Friday lists out?

----- NO.

5. Do you carry Butane lighter fluid for cigarette lighters?

---Yes, on Register 19.

"I tried there, but the woman wouldn't help me."

--- Ma'am, did you look at the register before you asked? She can't see past the register.

"No? Should I have? Why would it be on the customer's side of the register?"

--- Because you don't have to be 18 to purchase lighter fluid.

"Well, Miss CSM, why is that?"

----- *secretly slaps head* Seriously...how should I know why lighter fluid is available to people 18 years and younger.

I'm sure I'll think of more...

ETA: Most of these I did NOT say to the person. The only one I actually said was to the rude woman with the butane lighter questions (except for my last smart-aleck remark).

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I know...I go to that site EVERY DAY! It makes me feel better! [​IMG]

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Same here, as if I don't see enough weird stuff at the local Wal-Mart. [​IMG]

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    You deserve a medal just for going in every day and keeping your sense of humor intact. [​IMG] Even as a customer I hear and see the strangest things!

But please don't be quite so loose with the usage of the word word "retarded". [​IMG]

5. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Lol. When I called people at my old job, I had a LOT of idiots. One person gave me his son's number and was extremely helpful, until I asked for the area code... "but, ma'am, it's a cell phone, cell phones don't have area codes..."

And, retarded is actually the correct word. "Retard" is a stupid or "obtuse" person by definition. Mentally challenged version of "retard" is the slang, "incorrect" term.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  6. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Kinda like the lady at my store (convenience/gas station) two weeks ago who came in to prepay for gas after explaining I did not have change for the $100 bill she offeredme for $10.00 gas (we only kepp $50.00 or less in the register at all times)
    I watched as she went back to her truck and stood there a good ten minutes before returning to ask if "you might know what is wrong, thing THANG ain't working" and held forward her keyless remote. I offered the suggestion that perhaps the battery was dead? Wherupon she immediately, with a total look of shock in her eyes said, " I didn't know these used batteries!" Then immediately bacome very agitated ." What am I to do now? I can't get my truck unlocked!" I suggested perhaps there was a spare KEY? somehere. "At home" (she lives perhaps a 1/4 mile from the store) She decided to walk home and get the spare KEY? Returning about 10 minutes later she again was standing by her truck looking frantic. I went out and asked if she had luck finding the KEY? She responded that the battery must be dead in this one also as it wasn't working either. I saw the emotions about to flow over the breaking point so I gentle yet with authority took the key ring from her hands and tried the remote for her. Nothing dead battery definately. While standing there offering advice as to whom might sell replacement batteries (we don't) I glance at the keyring still in my hand, spy what looks to be an automobile key on the same ring as the remote fob. take said key slip it into the door lock and viola!! I am suddenly her hero??
    I mean PLEASE have we as a society become soooo dependant upon push buttons that we no longer can see the obvious in front of us?

7. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:yes.

8. Rainsong

Rainsong Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2009
    Beaverton, OR
    Quote:[​IMG] ... My jaw dropped. I can't even imagine... o.o

9. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Quote:Key? What is this key you speak of?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by