People, People go AWAY!!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Feb 12, 2011.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am tired. Just tired. Too many people in this house and I really need a break and I need it soon. I wanna go fishing and just sit there and enjoy the silent presence of Ken and not talk at all.

Can Calgon really take me away????

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I used to have that problem. I never advocate divorce but I have about 500 fewer "family members" driving me crazy! [​IMG] It only took my 14 years to figure out how to shut my MIL up.

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I very much dislike days like that [​IMG] Sorry Deb! [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

It is SOOO not about Ken. He and I have a great relationship. It is about me wanting ME time and people all over the couches and in the kitchen and just NOISE!!!! I just want no people around. I want my ME time. Selfish, yes. I still want it.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Thats understandable.. You have a lot going on right now...
    When i feel like that, i go to my room with a good book and a good snack and my doggie. [​IMG]

6. Raiquee

Raiquee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Big Bend, WI
    Deb I hear you!!! I have the inlaws staying the winter with me, a room mate and his girlfriend over, a toddler and a husband and I only want it to be us 3 (soon to be 4) again!! I hate just hearing the room mate going in an out of the house. Hearing the TV going in the inlaws room. UGH. DRIVES ME CRAZY.

I feel for you, I really do. Be selfish. I found my refuge to be the small bathroom attached to me and hubbys room. It suffices for a little while.

7. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    ..and I thought my BF and 8 cats ( [​IMG] ) were too much!!

ETA: At least the cats dont talk!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Send Ken to get tickets for everyone except you two to the longest of the movies currently showing, and give them instructions to stop and get pizza afterwards--the house is off-limits until (however leate you think you can push it). THen the two of you relax and spend some quality YOU time.

9. debilorrah

Quote:You got a money tree for me? [​IMG]

I actually helped make a money tree once, for a lady that was going to Russia on a mission for my former church. It was really cute.

10. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    YOU time is not selfish . . . it's one of the healthiest things you can do for yourself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by