People Suck...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MoodyChicken, May 7, 2009.

1. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    So in my ceramics class I made a bowl. It wasn't the greatest bowl but I made it and I was proud of it. The pottery wheel is darned hard but after MANY failed attempts I finally got a nicely shaped bowl with an interesting foot carving (the base). I set it out to be bisque fired (first firing) and when it was supposed to come out it was gone. I figured maybe it wasn't bisqued yet and it would come out later. But by chance I found it glazed with someone ELSE'S initials carved into it! So I told the teach, cleaned it off, sanded the initials off, and reglazed it how I wanted it. Then I set it out to be high fired (second firing) over the weekend. It was supposed to come out Monday... and it's gone. The jerk stole it again! I'm so sad, it wasn't the greatest bowl, but I liked it and I was going to give it to my mom for Mother's Day. Now all I have is a single cup that looks retarded by itself and nothing to give to my mom. [​IMG] I can't believe people would be so cruel! I also had another project stolen, and it makes me so angry. There was NO way the thief could have mistaked it as his own, the foot was totally unique (it wasn't even when I put it on the wheel, so it spiraled and made this elaborate eye pattern that I cleaned up and tinkered with), so it was done with cruel intentions. The jerk got a grade for something that I made that he simply plucked off the shelf. I never got to see how the glaze turned out, and I have nothing for my mom now. I hate people sometimes.

2. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Did your teacher had a talk with this person? If not, that's not good! Stealing is stealing and it's an automatic dismissal from class if you were caught stealing other people's work!

4. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

That's awful! You think the teacher would have noticed since you brought it to their attention once before. I know they can't watch everything. What did you do for a grade without anything to turn in?

5. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my chickens.

Present company excluded of course.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG]

7. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    It was a student from another class, and only the initials "CD" were hastily carved into the glaze. The teach couldn't find the person, but I think I'll give it one last shot. I want this person kicked out of my college (and he will be if I catch him! and with a "THIEF" burned into his permanent record he'll have a heck of a time going anywhere else!), I'm ticked!

Fortunately the teach saw me making it, so he gave me the benefit of the doubt when it came to grading. But I know he couldn't grade it fairly without it. I'm assuming he gave me full credit, but I know it wasn't worth that (it was lopsided, lol), so it doesn't feel right to earn something I don't deserve. But it's also a situation I couldn't control. I'm just so bummed. I tried SO HARD on this project too, and it was just snatched away from me. I seriously attempted like 50 bowls before I finally got TWO. And now they're gone.

8. Chew593

Chew593 Chillin' With My Peeps

Makes me want to call in some favors... I'm sorry about your bowl.
    Where abouts in Nor Cal are you? I might be able to call in those favors. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  9. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    I agree, people suck!!! Seriously, what is wrong with society today. I try to stay in my own little world. It's much better there. [​IMG]

10. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Ugg. Stuff like that makes my temper get the better of me. Can you wait around during their period and see who works on it/has it? and then go beetch them out?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by