people who show shoe post here!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by call ducks, Jan 21, 2012.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Hey, Who show shoes?

i love snow shoeing. Just got a new pair on thursday, i love snow shoeing! It's awesome. I also got a carraying bag, as well as walking stick thingys with them. It's a work out for sure! I only went out for 25 min or so and i was sweating.

So who snow shoes? Have any storys to tell?

2. quercus21

quercus21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Tivoli, NY
    The better half and I snow shoe. We do as much as possible winter hiking as we can. To me, there is nothing nicer then climbing a summit, and only seeing your trail. I have MSR Denali. Are you using poles? I do. We finally received enough in the mountains to make them worth bring. We have been hiking this winter with our micro spikes. A lot of ice and wet spots. Next weekend we are doing a bush wack and hope the snow will last. Temps for this coming week are in the mid 40's
    Enjoy
    Kaj

edited for: What type of snow shoes you have?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  3. minichic

minichic Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I also snow shoe! So much fun and great, great exercise. You will find muscles you didn't know you had! It's always fun to shoe the same trails you hike in the warmer weather and see how differently things look. Certainly less, less crowds!

So, "Call Duck" do you have call ducks? I recently saw these little guys at the Northeast Poultry Congress and absolutely fell in love! Totally a "Stage-6 Cuteness Alert!"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by