People with Hovabators how do you keep your humidity in the 40-50 area

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happyhens44, Jan 22, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    I am stuggling to keep mine in the 40-50 area. My hovabator has 9 eggs in there. That I put in 2 hours ago. Any suggestions would help

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Bump. I don't have a hovabator....

3. lizrndiver

lizrndiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    South Beloit, IL
    Are you running too high or too low?

Liz

4. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Low

5. Jenni B

Jenni B New Egg

Oct 14, 2010
    I have a hovabator that I borrowed from a friend, I had the same problem but hers is really old and the styrofoam on the sides is broken up a bit. I tried a bunch of things covered up a couple of the wholes, I put a very saturated sponge in there on top of the water area (there was not a wire mesh thingy in there and I put one in right before I stopped turning them. this is my first hatch ever and I was actually pretty surprised I had some hatch, I had 30+ quail eggs and so far I had one hatch early yesterday and died. They are supposed to hatch today and tomorrow. I've had three hatch today and am hoping for a bunch more tonight and tomorrow but I'm not sure I will because the temp got bumped by one of my kids one day [​IMG]

Good luck, I hope that helps. The sponges are in the middle of the wire mesh and the chicks are sleeping on the sponges right now, they love it [​IMG]

6. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    thanks and sorry about the one quail, and congrats on the ones that hatched. I think I have it now. Its 95.5 degrees and Humidity is 47%

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by