people with polish

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by redchicken, Jan 7, 2008.

1. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    I started this post to see who has polish and there types mine are buff laced ,golden laced ,white ,blue and black they are frizzled bantams

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  2. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I have buff-laced and silver-laced in standards, and one white crested black bantam rooster. I'll probably put them all together to see what I get.

3. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Mine are Gold laced roo, Buff laced hen and a white crested black hen.

4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I have black laced gold (2 m&f), blue splash (1 m), white crested grey (2 f), black crested white (1 f), and a black laced white (1 m). I think that's all of them... I got them for fun, not for breeding. [​IMG] They're hatchery chicks anyways, the lacing is terrible and the pouffs on the males are more like cow licks and spikes. [​IMG]

5. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    I have silver laced standards

6. mtnchicks

mtnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2007
    Colorado
    I have two white crested black bantam hens. I would like to get other types in the future. Mine are quite friendly and not flighty at all. They get along well with my mixed flock.

7. Nefertiti

Nefertiti Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I actully no longer have any polish... Pure breed that is.
    We had a gold-laced hen ,which we called "Beep Beep" or "Road Runner"- which ever one came out first, and a white-crested roo, dubbed "Einstein".
    BeepBeep was an excellent layer(large white) and quite freindly. I couldn't understand why polish get such a bad rap about being 'flighty'....
    Einstein was rather small, and we gave him to a nieghbor that wanted him....... Sinking little pup had some staying power though. We were still getting his chicks like 3 months or so after he left the farm. Longer actually. He left in April and hatched out chicks till August. Every now and again we'd get a chick with the fuzzy top. Knew good and well it wasn't Road Runner's egg 'cuz a hen always lays the same kind of egg, not white, then blue then pink them brown,ect........

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

I have one silver laced hen, one white crested black hen, one black crested white he, and one red hen, all are standards.

9. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I have show quality buff-laced polish, they are WONDEFUL little birds to have around.

10. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I have a breeding pair of buff laced and one white crested black roo. All are standard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by