Pepe Le Pew or could be Pepa?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Cpprpnny19, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Cpprpnny19

Cpprpnny19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Middleboro
    I had to go to the school for the PTA Open House. Was late getting back to close up the coops, and it was already dark. So I rush through the barn to the back barn door.
    "YIKES!" Burst out of the door and startled the skunk eating the chicken food.

PEEEEEEEEE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Luckily it let go facing me so the grass got it...........it ran off-closed up the coops and on the way back to the house a pair of eyes are glowing at me. Off runs a possum.

<sigh>

Time to set the traps-

Lynne [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Amigo

Amigo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    Quote:[​IMG]

Time to get the gun too! [​IMG]

3. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.

Time to get the gun too! [​IMG]

A 160/220 sized conibear trap will dispatch a skunk they normally do not spray as they die doing it this way shooting them 20-25 feet back is a good place to be

4. rungirl

rungirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yes, I had to start setting mine too. I let security lapse a little lately during the warm weather and had my first night time attack. It took one nice hen off the roost and tore her head off before I got out to the coop. I didn't see what it was but I first thought it had been a raccoon and that I was lucky I didn't lose more. So I set some traps and caught a skunk. Now I'm thinking that the skunk might have been the culprit, but I can't be sure so I'll keep trapping and be more diligent about security.

By the way, getting a skunk out of a live trap can be tricky, so tie a long string to the trap so you can easily drag it AWAY from the house before you dispatch it! Oh, and DOWN WIND! [​IMG]

Lisa

5. Amigo

Amigo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!

6. scottfarm

scottfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    MILL CREEK, WV
    get out the live trap. you can cover the trap up and they will not spray as bad. if not taken care of they will try to get your birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by