Pepper 4.5 week Silver Laced Wyandotte

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by megpie021, Mar 22, 2017.

1. megpie021

megpie021 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2017
    Mchenry, Illinois
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So this is Pepper. She is supposed to be a wyandotte pullet, but today during cleaning time and handling I noticed more red in her comb than any of my others, and the wattles are coming in and looking red too. I am worried about her. My other chick, Peaches, I had posted about a week ago is still very flesh colored even though she has quite the comb. Pepper is our most curious bird, she is always the first to investigate things and is always the first one to come up when I come in. Pepper is also very sweet. A little hard to pick up, but once up and roosting on my hand she does very well.

2. tammy toomire

tammy toomire Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2017
    Huntington Beach
    [​IMG] anyone see any males??

3. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Both posts, birds are all too young yet. To the original poster, your Wyandotte does look suspicious.

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Wyandottes can be tricky to sex until they are a little older (I once had a Wyandotte chick that I was positive was a cockerel at four weeks, but grew into a lovely pullet). However, I'm leaning toward cockerel.

They are all too young to sex.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with Bantam Lover

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by