Pepper and Toby are together now! picture HEAVY!!!

TheDuckCrew

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Connecticut
Well it was kinda an accident that they were together again. we didn't realize how well Pepper could fly and well, Toby's a big fat pekin, so on a good day he can his butt a little off the ground lol. But it had snowed and we let Toby out to play and took the snowblower out to snow blow the driveway. The garage door was only open on Toby's side, but Pepper noticed and flew to the top of the barrier, then flew out! She flew around the whole yard and settled down by the duck house. Toby went running over to her, flapping his wings. I was sure he was gonna attack her, but when he got to her, he stopped and quacked and she started following him around! He showed her the yard and showed her down to the pond where they had a good swim. However, my dad got a little too close to Miss Pepper and she took off flying down the road and into the woods. I had to track her for about 30 minutes until I found her again and herded her back home. Butttt the second she got into our yard, she flew away again and this time Toby was able to follow her. I had to track both of them and got them back to our pond where they hid under some thicket on the ice. They had to stay there overnight because we couldn't get them. But today, Toby's big fat butt was hungry, so when i shook his food bowl, he came running with Pepper right behind him. He lead her right into the duck cage, and she followed with no hesitation. She got a little scared when I had to close the door. We've noticed how tame Toby really is these past couple of days haha. But now they're bunkered down for the night in their nice safe pen! What good duckies!!
woot.gif

Last edited:
im uploading pictures as i type! and yeah i was thinking about clipping her wings. she's just hardddd to catch and i wouldn't know what to do! im keeping her and toby locked up in the pen for a couple days so she'll learn that this is home

okay i admit, not allll of these are of pepper and toby, some were before they met each other, but they were just so darn cute! i couldn't help myself
wink.png

100_2261.jpg

"mommy! can i come inside?? pleaseeee mommy!! pleaseee!"
100_2266.jpg

we were a splishin and a splashing! a movin and a groovin!
100_2267.jpg

100_2268.jpg

100_2269.jpg

100_2270.jpg

100_2271.jpg

"look mom look! i can walk on water!" "...toby. thats ice
tongue.png
"
100_2273.jpg

100_2274.jpg

100_2275.jpg

mmmm. yummy pond muck! my favorite!
100_2276.jpg

100_2277.jpg

she's a talker!
100_2278.jpg

100_2279.jpg

"woah! thats a prettyyyy girl!"
100_2280.jpg

100_2282.jpg

100_2283.jpg

100_2284.jpg

don't let this fool you. this girl can FLY!
100_2286.jpg

100_2288.jpg

sorry for all the pictures! i know they aren't great, but i really wanted to get some shots of them and i can't get much closer to her (it's zoomed in all the way) because that scares her
hmm.png

Last edited:
AWW! Is she a Cayuga? Mine doesnt do much flying. A little testing of the wings evrynow and then. She prefers to be a fusser and nag my 12 y/o drake all the time. She is pretty quiet though - i actually saw her quacking loudly for the first time today

i was told swedish but upon getting her, i thought she was different. i either thought cayuga or black east indie. she seems to fit the east indie better because she's tiny. i guess we'll see once she lays eggs in the spring!

She looks too big to be a BEI.. and her body structure is wrong for it. Im sayig Cayuga. There isnt enough white on her for a swede and her head is shaoed wrong for a swede.

Back
Top Bottom