peppers

silkydragon

Songster
10 Years
Nov 1, 2009
ohio valley
my grandmother used to tell me that when she was a kid they fed there chickens hot peppers in the winter to keep them laying eggs i was wondering if anneybodey else has heard of this or tried it would apreciate it if you tried it to tell me the results

Don't have an answer, but I'm interested as to what others have to say.
pop.gif

I have read many post here regarding this and many people give their flock crushed red pepper flakes to encourage laying. We have fed it many times in the past. They don't taste the "hot" from the peppers and seem to enjoy it. I always mixed it in a treat of yogurt, scratch and regular feed. I never really saw a noticable difference but I felt good about it and they seemed ok with it. Just my opinion.
wink.png

I kinda got busted doing it when DW went to get the chili flakes from the cupboard while making dinner one night and asked me what happened to the big bottle that used to be there. The explanation did not get me out of trouble that night.
lau.gif

A fella just told me the other day to put hot sauce in thier feed, I thought he was crazy but He said his hens layed all winter last year so what could it hurt

Back
Top Bottom