percy no better and im worried, help please *pics*

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pinkado, May 12, 2011.

1. pinkado

pinkado Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    this is percy, i have put up a few threads asking for some help or advice, so i will quickly give details, percy was piped backwards and got well stuck in his shelll, after many hours i eventually helped him out, once i knew the yolk was all absorbed, i left him in the incubator to rest, he has yet to open both eyes fully, lift his head or stand, it has been 24 hours now, i got a bit of vit water with sugar into him, i gave him some mushy poridge, as it was all chicks first meal, he got a tiny bit down, but i have to hold him over the dish, and direct his head to it, he tries to peck at it, but fails, he has no head control, help, advise,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Don't give up! I am going through the same thing and things are looking up for me.
    Keep giving him the vitamin water, a few sips, every hour or so.

3. pinkado

May 10, 2011
    dont laugh, i noticed his tail is bent from the shell, and its tender when i touch it, so percy is getting duck physio, i am gently possitioning him in a normal ducky possition and massaging him, helping him by talking and helping himwalk like a ducky would

4. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

How is Pery today? I hope he is still hanging in there.

5. Mom2sixpeeps

Mom2sixpeeps Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    Monroe, GA
    Update? Hope he's better today.

6. pinkado

May 10, 2011
    hey all, percy is GREAT!!!, i did a whole dy of excersises yesterday, gave him, vit and water and liquified poradge, and this morning, i was greeted by 3 duckys at the brooder door, it was so nice, now percy is like a day 1 duckling, all wobbily on his feet, but im delighted, this morning, he ate food, played in a puddle and walked around, looked like the time i took working his little legs worked, so, be ready for pics soon, hee hee

7. Mom2sixpeeps

Mom2sixpeeps Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2011
    Monroe, GA
    [​IMG] Awesome!!!

8. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Yay!!!![​IMG]

9. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps