Perf-egg-t hostess gift

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Jan 1, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Yesterday we went to friends' house for the 2009 celebration. I took the hostess, a good friend of mine who hasn't seen my chickens yet, 6 eggs: 3 from each of my girls. Each egg had the date it was collected penciled on it (3 were from that afternoon), and I had written on the carton whose eggs they were. My girls lay very different eggs: dark brown, latte brown, and almost pink.

She was tickled! She said that she wants to make something really special with them. I'm so glad to have a friend who appreciates our eggs. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  2. onebuggirl

onebuggirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2008
    When I ordered my eglu I got 10 little egg cartons that only hold 4 eggs. For gifts I give them away full. On the backside there is a line that reads....Made by:_____________on which I write my hens names. On the lid I write the persons name and "if you want more please return the carton." Works every time.

3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    That's a great idea! I wish our girls were laying more. My friend just brought a teetering tower of egg cartons over to us (seriously there were like over 100!). Sadly they had to go bye-bye because we have nothing to fill them with!

4. onebuggirl

onebuggirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2008
    Quote:Don't get rid of them!! Use them this spring for starting seeds in. They can be cut apart or pulled apart and each cup can hold a seedling that can be planted directly into the gorund...instant food for the plant!!

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:Oh, great idea!!

6. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    JennsPeeps, you should change the title to "Great Ideas"! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by