perfect score on birthday

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by egg proof, Nov 22, 2010.

1. egg proof

egg proof Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2010
    My 7 mixed chickens finally scored a perfect 7 for 7 on their 27th week birthday. Life is good. [​IMG]

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Can your girls have a chat with my girls? Mine aren't getting anywhere close to a perfect score. [​IMG]

Enjoy those eggs!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wow. Happy Birthday of them to you!

4. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Well, I think, they need to make an inspirational DVD for my chickens!! I am getting 1 or 2 eggs a day-from five 18month old brown egg layers.. who are all going thru some degree of molt! I have 2 Marans and 4 true Ameraucanas who just aren't quite old enough to lay yet!!!

5. egg proof

egg proof Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2010
    They seem to respond better to warmer weather and sun. I have 2 RIR's, 1 NH, 2 BA's and 2 EE's. The green egg EE lays every other day and it's a double yolker. The other EE lays a light tan egg about every other day. I can't say I'm doing anything great, as this is my 1st attempt. I'm sure they'll slow down soon for the winter. [​IMG]

6. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Good deal.

This last summer my girls did 8 for 8 on 5 days straight.
    Now that it is cooler and the days are shorter they're doing 5 or 6 a day.

7. carrlr

carrlr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    I had a perfect 12/12 once, the next day it dropped down to near freezing and I had two eggs. With added (4 hours) light, I'm up to around 8/day. Of course we've had a warm spell too, so I'm just counting my blessings at this point

8. papeine

papeine Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2010
    Hastings
    my girls have been laying since October... Last Friday I finally got 12/12 and again today!!!.. I now have no doubt they are all laying...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by