Performance Poultry Experiences??? Please!

amandalux

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 22, 2013
Hello,

I live in BC, Canada and I've been having some difficulties ordering chicks already this year. I have now placed an order with Performance Poultry, today he called and moved my order back from May2/3 to the 30/31 because he had alot of orders and to ensure I got all the breeds I wanted. I just checked the invoice and the birds I ordered as "sexed chicks" on the website and the price list, say pullets on the invoice. I will check with him tomorrow (at a decent hour) if they are chicks or pullets. However, now i'm getting worried that these are red flags and i should just order somewhere else, as I haven't paid my deposit yet.
If anyone can share their experiences with me that would be greatly appreciated! Maybe I am just worrying too much.
Thought I would check with some experts first :)

Thank you all in advance,
Amanda

yes! that's exactly it.
Well I've paid so now I just have to wait....forever lol until they come.

My chicks are supposed to come May 21-23 from Meyer Hatchery. Its gonna take FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered: 3 Salmon Faverolles, 2 or 3 Australorps, 3 Easter Eggers, 1 Welsummer, 1 silver-laced Cochin, 1 Partridge Cochin, 1 Blue Splash Maran, & 2 or 3 Cuckoo Marans.

oooh mine are coming May 30/31!!!
soooo long I don't know how i'm going to last lol.
I ordered 6 straight run self blue silkies, 6 straight run ameraucanas, 5 silver laced wyandotte females, 5 ancona females, 4 cuckoo maran females, and 4 welsummer females. AND cayuga and magpie ducklings! 1 male and 3 females each breed.
I have already offically bored all my friends talking about it...and it's February....

i live about 2 hours from this hatchery. The guy who owns it is really good and the people next door to me order from his every years he has nice birds and great facilities

I'm glad to hear that.
I can't believe how little hatcheries are in Canada. The closest place to order an incubator for me is Alberta. I couldn't believe it, just imagine the shipping! That's why I got some silkies instead lol
I feel alot better, thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom