Permethrin (Spray on) and Cydectin

Windy Bay Farm

Songster
6 Years
Apr 14, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I've been having issues with mites on my birds and some may have worms. I have the liquid Permethrin that I would like to try and spray on the birds to try and combat the mite issue. Seeing as I have never used it, can anyone tell me how much water to use when diluting the Permethrin for use on the birds ? The instructions say that you mix 8 fl. oz to 12.5 gallons of water. I really don't need all that as I only have 24 birds to treat; has anyone mixed this on a much smaller scale ? How often do you treat after initial treatment ? Is there a withdrawal period for egg use ? Where do you spray it, all over the bird, under feathers ? Also, when using permethrin to treat the premises (coop), what is the ratio of permethrin to water when mixing ? My coop is approx 70 square feet.

The Cydectin for treatment of worms; how much do you put on each bird ? Where do you apply it (back of neck, under wings) ? Do you just do one treatment or do you have to do more treatments after the initial treatment ? Is there withdrawal from eggs with this product ?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have never used these products before.

Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom