Permit Application for Chicken Process - How Many Days...

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by TinasUrbanGarden, Dec 27, 2018.

1. TinasUrbanGarden

TinasUrbanGarden Chirping

Aug 24, 2017
    Can I hear from any members that have gone thru the permitting process to keep chickens? I want to know how long it took starting from the date the application was submitted until approval or rejection. thank you

2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Crowing

Jul 19, 2015
    Coastal Bend, TX
    Your location is needed...

3. HuffleClaw

HuffleClaw Ducks!

Jul 8, 2018
    AL
    Based on previous postings, I’m going to say the OP lives in Florida

4. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Crowing

Jul 19, 2015
    Coastal Bend, TX
    Even still, processing time probably varies by city or county (whichever is providing the permit), I would think. Some could be simple and same day, and I know others have requirements regarding land size, coop setup, etc that might require an inspection so those would take longer.

ChickenCanoe likes this.
  5. Acre4Me

Acre4Me Crowing

Nov 12, 2017
    Western Ohio
    Try calling the office where it is submitted to ask. Are you trying to plan so you can order chicks? If so, that’s exciting!

Maybe post in the location forum on BYC. Go to Social, then to “where am I, Where are you”, then find your state thread (in the first pinned post). Ask there since you’ll be asking a more local audience.

Good luck!

ChickenCanoe likes this.
  6. TinasUrbanGarden

Aug 24, 2017

7. TinasUrbanGarden

Aug 24, 2017
    ...anyone gone thru process please let me know how many days to aporoval. Looking for an average...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: