Persian cat trouble

speedabug

Songster
11 Years
Apr 5, 2008
I have two 8 month old boy persians. They have been in a lot of trouble lately.
They not been using the litterbox they use it beside it. They been scratching at it and not covering anything uo. If anyone can help please...

I agree try different litter or different litter boxes. Is this a new thing? Or have they always done this?

-Kim

Last edited:
Persians are NOTORIOUs for litter box problems. I have two and luckily have not had issues. Have you changed litters lately? Make sure to keep the boxes SUPER clean and it may help.

Also, as said earlier, go to the vet and make sure there's no UTI going on.

As far as the covering of poop, so may never do that. I've never heard of a way of changing that behavior.

Good luck!!

I agree with the others. Every persian male cat that I had would get kidney stones. They would all start out not using the litter box. It would get worse over time. Urinating all over. I would get them to the vet if it continues.

If they are not neutered that could be the problem.
I had a cat that would get uninary tract infections if she was not on special food, so I agree I would make an appointment with your vet to see if anything is giong on with them.
Good Luck

Last edited:
Agree with the others. Also, you may not have enough litterboxes. The general rule of thumb for multiple cats is to have one litterbox for each cat plus one. So for 2 cats, you should have 3 litter boxes. Some people get away with fewer, but if you are having problems that is one easy thing to try.

They are neutersg and they have been to the vet. I have not changed litter and they have one litterbox. They have done this frow the start.

a friend of mine has a bengal that started peeing all over the house and was going to get rid of her then came across litter called cat attrack, not sure how its spelled on the bag or were to get it but he said it solved his problem overnight..

I have had the same problem. My vet said get scoopable litter and scoop it several times a day if you can, if a covered box then uncover it. I also had to add an additional box even though I only have 2 cats.

I had to get rid of boot trays he was peeing in those as well and I cant leave any plastic anything on the floor or he goes on that.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom