Personal Page posting problems, one of you smart people help me out!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by mississippifarmboy, Nov 14, 2010.

1. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

ok, before I start, I already know I'm a tech idiot..... so be nice! And use small words... I'm slow. (Total moron is the word my wife uses, but I think slow sounds much nicer)

I have been trying for the past two hours to update and change a few things on my personal page (My Page, blog page, whatever it's called), when I edit, type, put in pictures, etc. it all looks great.

Then I click the submit button and when it loads, it's all changed. Pictures are in a different area, type fonts are changed to little bitty things I can't even see, several different types, even some of the paragraphs are shuffled around. It worked fine when I made the darn thing originally a few months ago!

I tried re-doing it 5 times - didn't fix it.
    I tried deleting the whole thing and starting over - didn't help.
    I tried writing the text using Microsoft word processor and coping it onto the page - didn't work
    Tried cussing it - didn't work

HELP!!!!

2. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Quote:I've been having the EXACT same problems for the past month or so - thought it was just on my end because no one else was mentioning any problems. Hit submit and pictures move around, font size and color changes, borders appear around some of the pics, text that was centered is now left justified, etc.

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    What browser are you using?

4. TM Chickens

TM Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Alabama
    [ignore_this][rant]
    WYSIWYG editors== [​IMG]
    I mean, really, the only thing the pages gains by using it is maybe tables, background colour, and <hr>... And what percent of people even know about/use tables and hr? 15% max? (Just a quick look at how the forum handles bbcode, it looks like it would be easy enough to add table tags to it if it's really needed). And noone should use bgcolor if they want their page to be readable... [​IMG] IMHO, it would be a lot simpler if the pages used standard bbcode like the rest of the forum. Most people have no problem with understanding/using bbcode in the forum, so why would it be any harder for them if it was used in the personal pages? I've never seen anyone complain that the bbcode system garbles their posts. This would also solve the forum/pages image code difference. People could copy the image code straight from the upload tool and put it right into their page, without any fussy editing or dialog boxes.
    [/rant]
    But then there's the problem of translating all the current pages into bbcode... [​IMG]
    [/ignore_this]

5. Coopa Cabana

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Quote:I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer, on Windows Vista Home Premium. It's the same since I created My Pages, and have no problems editing until a month or so ago.

6. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Quote:duhhh...

what's that?

[​IMG]

I have windows xp I think it is on this computer, the little thinggy you click to make it go on-line is a box that says "internet explorer" and then I click on favorites and click BYC. My daughter showed me how do do that and how to add stuff to favorites so I can find it again. I'm not kidding, I am a true mess when it comes to computer stuff. My kids can fix most things I screw up, but they didn't know why it was messing up this time.

so if the 10 year old expert can't figure it out I have to ask yall.

7. Coopa Cabana

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    I'm still having issues (all noted above) editing "My Pages". Anyone else?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by