1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Personalities starting to come out!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CityCraft, Mar 5, 2013.

1. CityCraft

CityCraft Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I picked up my chicks three days ago (has it only been three days?) and their adorable little personalities are starting to come out!

I've got two Golden Comets (Sex Links) and two Barred Rocks. It's so funny, the "blondes" are bubbly and friendly and my dark-haired gals are little more serious. HA!

The comets are constantly eating. The rocks are always doing their own thing. One of the rocks is a little older than everyone else and very curious. She's always looking up at me inquisitively. The smaller rock looks like the runt of the litter. She's quiet and shy, often napping off by herself.

So far they seem very happy and healthy. I'm obsessively checking the temperature in the brooder and they seem happy when it's at about 80 degrees. The feed store where I purchased them suggested 95 but they were practically baking at that temperature. That must be for day-old chicks. I think these chicks were about a week old when I got them.

[​IMG]
    On the way home from store

[​IMG]
    Posing for the camera!

2. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Adorable babies! Thanks for sharing the pics. :love

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by