1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Personality and temperament OEG Bantams & NHR Hens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kisat, May 4, 2008.

1. kisat

kisat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2007
    Washington State
    Hey everyone [​IMG]
    In my other thread I was trying to figure out what exactly I received from the feed store and it seems to be the million dollar question as to what the bantams are for sure. I uploaded more pics, have the question out there in a numer of sites and don't seem to be finding anything other than 'I have to wait until they are older to know for 100%' [​IMG] BUT, I was told that they could be OEG Bantams and looking them up once again I do agree with that as well - they look like the Crele coloring. Especially since they seem to be such hyper, demanding of my attention little buggers (already trying to learn to fly) that I've only had now for three days, but already I adore them & they love to fall asleep in my hands, even from the first moment [​IMG] I am trying to find info on the OEG Bantams to see what type of personality they have and just get 'real life' information on their personality and temperament. If anyone here has some can you tell me what you think of them, or if you had them. I am looking for 'tons' of information on them. Really. I want lots!! Bad, good, etc. Tell me [​IMG] (course they have been thought to be also Welsummers (haven't noticed no fifth toe though), Ameraucanas, Speckled Sussex, etc. So if anyone has those ones, I wouldn't mind hearing about those as well.

Here's their album so far -

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563276102ODkBXs?vhost=good-times

What's funny is that their leg coloring seems to be changing too ...

As for the other breed. Same thing. My mom went back to the feed store and saw some NHR pullets and bought 2 of those and the same thing. I'd like any and all info that you can give me on them. Temperament, good, bad, any 'real life' info that I don't get from just reading about them on all the 'stock' info sites, or reading in the books I have. As you can tell I love to hear 'tons' of info and even years from now, I'll probably still be researching on chickens and even my dogs. I can't stop learning everything I can! [​IMG] Oh, and I will be getting photos of the NH's soon. They are SOOO cute!!

Thanks everyone [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    OK, mine are only 11 weeeks old but they have yellow legs. Here is a picture of her.

[​IMG]

3. kisat

kisat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2007
    Washington State
    Thanks for the relpy [​IMG]

Is that the NHR? Gorgeous girl! Yeh, mine have the yellow legs too.

It's the Bantams - whatever breed they are - that I meant were changing color though in their legs, sorry about the confusion. It's weird since one had pinkish white legs and now seems to be turning tannish. Then the other had yellowish and now they're getting a darker tan color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by