Personality plus

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by artsyrobin, Nov 15, 2009.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    and for your amusement, this guinea we named Thick... always a bit behind the others, but he loves to sing-
    [​IMG]

when they first started flying he launched with the others off the roof, the other three did a beautiful take off and landed safely near the house, poor little thick launched straight into a tree trunk, was limping a few days.. over time he has achieved navigation skills, and they nearly take food out of my hand-

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  2. SimplyForties

SimplyForties Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Carroll County, Va
    Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

3. barefootchef

barefootchef Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2009
    N.E. Georgia
    Priceless! [​IMG]

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Oh my...Thick looks almost like a cartoon character...lol!! He looks/sounds like he'd be quite an amusing little guy to have around... [​IMG] And either you are a wonderful photographer, or you have a great camera (or both!), because those shots are amazing!!

5. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Navigation skills [​IMG]

Those pictures are priceless, too cute!

6. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    thanks everyone, i have a special soft spot for thick, he/she is what i think is the lowest in the flock, like today, the other 3 weren't too nice to him, making him stay at a distance then other times they traveled fine together- not sure what that is all about, so am trying to make sure he has enough to eat, since he is getting a bit shy about eating with them- any idea on what that is about?

7. allanimals21

allanimals21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    I'm pretty sure Thick is a he. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by