Pesky flies

brookealbin

In the Brooder
May 13, 2020
Is there any way you keep flies away or out of your coop/ duck house? I need help. I have two sticky fly traps and they work good but there’s still a lot of flies and I’m not sure how to get rid of them

I put up 4 fly tapes today & by evening they were completely covered & numerous flies still around. This is the first year flies have been so bad for me. Another person suggested fly trap. I plan to go buy one tomorrow, but really wondering what chemical will eliminate them & still be safe around chickens. Good luck!

I put up 4 fly tapes today & by evening they were completely covered & numerous flies still around. This is the first year flies have been so bad for me. Another person suggested fly trap. I plan to go buy one tomorrow, but really wondering what chemical will eliminate them & still be safe around chickens. Good luck!
I’m wondering the same thing about the chemical because I feel like it would work well. I read if you plant some kind of plants around your coop it will make the flies not come around but I’m not sure if that’s true

I’m wondering the same thing about the chemical because I feel like it would work well. I read if you plant some kind of plants around your coop it will make the flies not come around but I’m not sure if that’s true
I read Permethrin spray, but it's highly toxic to cats & there are 2 stray/community cats that come by daily so that's not an option for me.

I have no experience with this issue yet but I've heard a few recommend the vanilla scented Little Tree car air fresheners for flies, as well as the bag of water trick. Both are inexpensive and harmless, may be worth a shot! Good luck ♡

Back
Top Bottom