Pesky flies

brookealbin

In the Brooder
May 13, 2020
Is there any way you keep flies away or out of your coop/ duck house? I need help. I have two sticky fly traps and they work good but there’s still a lot of flies and I’m not sure how to get rid of them

Sunshine_Chick

Crowing
Feb 11, 2019
Northeast Florida
I put up 4 fly tapes today & by evening they were completely covered & numerous flies still around. This is the first year flies have been so bad for me. Another person suggested fly trap. I plan to go buy one tomorrow, but really wondering what chemical will eliminate them & still be safe around chickens. Good luck!

brookealbin

In the Brooder
May 13, 2020
I put up 4 fly tapes today & by evening they were completely covered & numerous flies still around. This is the first year flies have been so bad for me. Another person suggested fly trap. I plan to go buy one tomorrow, but really wondering what chemical will eliminate them & still be safe around chickens. Good luck!
I’m wondering the same thing about the chemical because I feel like it would work well. I read if you plant some kind of plants around your coop it will make the flies not come around but I’m not sure if that’s true

Sunshine_Chick

Crowing
Feb 11, 2019
Northeast Florida
I’m wondering the same thing about the chemical because I feel like it would work well. I read if you plant some kind of plants around your coop it will make the flies not come around but I’m not sure if that’s true
I read Permethrin spray, but it's highly toxic to cats & there are 2 stray/community cats that come by daily so that's not an option for me.

Marigold47

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2020
Washington 🌲
I have no experience with this issue yet but I've heard a few recommend the vanilla scented Little Tree car air fresheners for flies, as well as the bag of water trick. Both are inexpensive and harmless, may be worth a shot! Good luck ♡

Perris

Still learning
Jan 28, 2018
Gower, Wales

Top Bottom