1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pesky Foxes

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Harri71, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Harri71

Harri71 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2011
    Leicester
    Gutted! Lost my speckledy hen to a fox! She went missing yesterday (my other half went to shut them up & she wasn't there). Found her body in the field near the house this morning, decapitated but otherwise untouched. The awful thing is her body was still warm. So now I have the guilt thing going on, that if I had just got up a little earlier she might still be alive :`( Have cooped all the others while I go to work, they're not happy!

If they're gonna kill things why cant they at least have the decency to eat them! Stupid Fox!!!!!!

2. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    you are in the UK?

3. Harri71

Harri71 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2011
    Leicester
    I am indeed :)

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    I think you all are quiet limited ( legally ) how you can capture them Scotland is still snaring them as do I I am also am allowed to use steel traps again I do quiet well with these the red fox is a bit more shy then our grey ones but when he is already used to human scent he is quiet easy to capture if you google "cage trapping red fox drift fencing" the top coupla links are very good on the proper techniouqe to use. sorry for the spelling the new forum is not letting me use spell check in Chrome browser

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by