Pet Chicken Comp!!

Pics

Nats Chickens

Free Ranging
Jun 20, 2018
NSW, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
Hi guys! I am starting a cute and quirky and just plain lovable pet chicken comp! Enter your most unusual or quirky/lovable bird. One entry per person and entries will end july 21st. Then I will give the signal for people to come pic their favourite and at the end I will count them all up and anounce the winner! (And all the places after that) Good luck everyone! :clap

This is flurry. He's a frizzled serama. I named him flurry because the day I brought him home he slept on my lap and snow fell while I drove. It was Christmas eve.

Flurry is a spoiled boy, he will insist on a bite of your food by getting on your chest and staring at you until you share. He's a character. He loves to sit on laps. He doesn't fight or ever get nasty ever. Such a nice bird.

imagejpeg_0_5.jpg

Also he enjoys the car, especially long rides and he's the copilot. Here he is on a road trip in our truck.

IMG_20180112_152907.jpg

Hey, sorry my hen has been delayed and we don’t have her yet, but I’ll enter my prettiest coloured one:

This is Lucy, a very sweet and loveable little girl at the bottom of the pecking my order. She has problems controlling her eyes so sometimes one will close for awhile. We call it her “special wink”. I suppose she’s a bit disabled that way, but that doesn’t stop her from living life to the fullest. She is definitely a bit spoiled, only wanting wet food (we are breaking that habit) and she sometimes refuses to drink, so we have to whip up tasty concoctions filled with yummy things and LOTS of water. Little Lucy Loo spends more time perching on things than she does on the ground, I’m not sure why.... she loves snuggling into the other chickens and also human hair. Pets are also a favorite which make her eyes go a bit wonky! We love her so much, and all the trouble we go to for her is worth it (including her highnesses own personal “coop” because she doesn’t always like sleeping with the others.)

She is still young, about 9 weeks old, and a mixed bantam. Here she is perching:
9A8F7900-2910-451C-9AFD-A1DA462889EE.jpeg
8561D50E-3FFF-4F9E-81C1-73C7DF8B8BD8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom