PET CHICKEN OWNERS UNITE

castrbl

Chirping
Sep 4, 2018
Roseboro, NC
this thread is strictly for people who keep chickens as house pets. tell your favorite story about your chicken and their diet, their name, favorite foods, etc.
i have (what i believe to be) a female black sex link. she loooves rice and noodles. her name is ms keisha after this vine :
shes an indoor bird and likes sleeping with me in my bed
i dont have any crazy stories of her as ive only had her for almost a month but id love to hear if any of you have stories!
SHARE PICTURES TOO

Attachments

• 41282583_470127436803614_3788084288042303488_n.jpg
    41282583_470127436803614_3788084288042303488_n.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I don't have any chickens yet. Next spring. Would be very interested if you could share how she lives with and sleeps with you. What or how do you deal with the poop?

I don't have any chickens yet. Next spring. Would be very interested if you could share how she lives with and sleeps with you. What or how do you deal with the poop?
right now i just deal with the poop ... shes too small for a diaper right now but after a few more weeks i should be able to get one on her. just keep baby wipes stocked up. she typically falls asleep cuddled under the blanket right next to me and i wake up with her either at my feet or jumping on my face. get them as babies so theyre comfortable with you. but it is a biiiig responsibility. you cant go many places and if you do, you gotta take them with you. im still not able to leave her alone lol. but its definitely worth it.

Lol it used to be this app/website where people post 6 second videos. Some of them were really creative and funny and people took it really seriously, some people even became famous from it lol "Viners" were a thing just like YouTubers and YouNowers lol
Thanks, what the heck is YouNowers?
:confused:

Thanks, what the heck is YouNowers?
:confused:

Another app, this one a live video stream thing except they have like coins and prizes lol it used to be you had to take turns so like there'd be a list thing and one person would go but you could only be on for so long and then you got kicked off so the other person could have a chance so it was cool to find talented people like singers and stuff but now you can go on as long as you want you get enough votes also a bunch of arrogant kids swarmed it and think they're "famous" so it got kind of ruined haha but they do have conventions and tours and stuff with famous digital people YouTubers, YouNow, Vine, etc

What is good and safe to use for dust baths for your house chicken?
There are lots of commercial sands with minerals for reptiles and chinchilla. Can a chicken use these?

Back
Top Bottom