Pet chicken!!!

TMRaddict123

Hatching
May 21, 2015
Hey,
I am TMRaddict(123), I am 12 years old and I live in England. My old account stopped working so I had to switch. I was wondering for any help convincing my parents to allow pet chicken(2). My mum and brother are with the idea but I can't convince dad. I have shown responsibility and EVEN spent a month making a massive ppt. Dad still isn't convinced.
Help would be appreciated,
Thanks...
...A chicken lover! :)

Oooh Dads are always tough! Try doing the chores and homework without the deal... just start doing it and not showing an expectation of reciprocity, then when Dad says something about the improved behavior or shows appreciation for the hard work ask him for a chicken. Also if it is close to a gift holiday let that be all you ask for ... just the chicken, you can also play the angle of having eggs for you to eat. Hope you get your chicken friend and glad you are back on BYC!!!

A Hen Named Pepper, gave you very good suggestions. Talk is cheap - promising to do this or that. Kids always say that and parents know most will not keep their word.

So by actually doing what is expected of you , without threats or begging or anything else your dad should be impressed. Whatever you do, adopt the good habits because from here on it will show you are trustworthy, reliable and able to have hobbies and STILL keep up homework etc.

I know you can do it - now prove it to your dad.

I did it! I washed the car without him asking me to and I also took out the bins which was a disgusting task so... Oh and I also cleaned the floors and carpet. :)
I think it's too early to ask yet though. I have end of year tests for a whole week the week after this so I have to study too! But, I will still do some work!

Back
Top Bottom